The terms “you” and “User” refer to anyone who accesses this web site. The terms “we”, “us”, and “S&P Dow Jones Indices” refer to S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC.
1. USE OF THE WEB SITE
S&P Dow Jones Indices grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited, revocable license to access and use the web site and its Content (as defined below) subject to the terms set forth below.
The content of the Web includes, but is not limited to, text, data, reports, images, photos, graphics, graphs, charts, animations, and videos (collectively, the “Content”).
You agree not to copy, reproduce, modify, display, perform, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, circulate, create derivative works from, store, or link to the web site or any Content without the express prior written consent of S&P Dow Jones Indices (which may be in the form of an email). To request consent for uses such as linking to Content on your Web site, please contact S&P Dow Jones Indices at email@example.com. Without limiting the foregoing, the Content may not be used in connection with the creation, structuring, development, calculation, compilation, publication or distribution of any financial instrument or product or any index or investment strategy.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF S&P DOW JONES INDICES
The web site and the Content are the property of S&P Dow Jones Indices, its affiliates, or their third party licensors, and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. All trade names, trademarks, service marks and other product and service names and logos on the web site and within the Content are proprietary to their respective owners and are protected by applicable trademark and copyright laws. Any of the trademarks, service marks or logos (collectively, the “Marks”) displayed on the web site may be registered or unregistered marks of S&P Dow Jones Indices, its affiliates, or their third party licensors. Nothing contained on this web site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any of the Marks displayed on the web site without the express written permission of S&P Dow Jones Indices or the third party owner of such Marks.
3. THE USER’S CONTENT
Material that appears on the web site that is entered by you or other Users is referred to as “User Content” or “Other Content”).
You grant to S&P Dow Jones Indices the non-exclusive worldwide right to use, publish, distribute, and/or repurpose all material entered, submitted, uploaded, or transmitted into the web site by you (other than third-party material transmitted through private electronic mail) in any of S&P Dow Jones Indices’ or its affiliates print or electronic publications. You will not receive any compensation from S&P Dow Jones Indices or its affiliates in connection with your submission of Other Content to the web site.
Users submitting Other Content into the web site are responsible for the content of that material. Neither S&P Dow Jones Indices nor any of its affiliates have any responsibility for Other Content, including the content of any messages or information posted by Users, or for the content of information accessible via direct or indirect hyperlinks from the web site. However, S&P Dow Jones Indices retains the right, which it may or may not exercise in its sole discretion, to review, edit, or delete Other Content that S&P Dow Jones Indices deems to be illegal, offensive, irrelevant, or otherwise inappropriate. Further, S&P Dow Jones Indices will act expeditiously to remove any Other Content from the web site that is alleged to be infringing. See Section 10 below.
You may not input or distribute any material through the S&P Dow Jones Indices’ web site that is promotional in nature, including solicitations for funds or business, without the prior written authorization of S&P Dow Jones Indices.
You agree (a) to use the web site in accordance with these Terms, and (b) that you will not: (i) post or transmit any Other Content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, harassing, profane, invasive of another’s privacy, indecent, bigoted, hateful, or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise offensive; (ii) impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your professional or other affiliation with any person or entity; (iii) post or transmit any Other Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party; (iv) disrupt others’ normal use of the web site; (v) post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component; (vi) post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial or political purposes; (vii) post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains advertising (including but not limited to “junk mail” or “pyramid schemes”), or any other form of solicitation; (viii) access (or attempt to access) another User’s account or access (or attempt to access) areas to which you are not authorized access; or (ix) use the web site to violate or attempt to violate, or assist any other person or entity in violating or attempting to violate, any contractual obligations you have with S&P Dow Jones Indices, including, without limitation, any confidentiality, non-solicitation or non-competition agreements between you and S&P Dow Jones Indices.
4. ANTI-HACKING PROVISION
You expressly agree not to:
- use or attempt to use any “deep-link,” “scraper,” “robot,” “bot,” “spider,” “data-mining,” “computer code” or any other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, process, or methodology or manual process having similar processes or functionality, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the web site, or Content found on or accessed through the web site or any Other Content without the prior express written consent of S&P Dow Jones Indices;
- obtain or attempt to obtain through any means any materials or information on the web site that have not been intentionally made publicly available either by their public display on the web site or through their accessibility by a visible link on the web site;
- violate the restrictions in any robot inclusion headers on this web site or in any way bypass or circumvent any other measure employed to limit or prevent access to the web site or its Content;
- violate the security of the web site or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the web site, its Content and Other Content, or the computer systems, networks or servers of S&P Dow Jones Indices, through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the web site or any activities conducted on or through the web site, including accessing any data, content or other information prior to the time that it is intended to be available to the public on the web site; and/or
- take or attempt any action that, in the sole discretion of S&P Dow Jones Indices, imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load or burden on the web site or S&P Dow Jones Indices’ infrastructure.
As part of the registration process, you may be required to select a user name and password. In connection with the registration process, you must provide S&P Dow Jones Indices with accurate, complete, and updated information. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of these Term of Use, which may result in immediate termination of your access. Please see our Privacy Notice for information regarding how this information will be used and maintained.
6. SPICE AND IDP
7. LIMITATION ON WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
Access to the web site and all Content is provided “as is”. Neither S&P Dow Jones Indices, nor its affiliates, nor their third party providers guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or availability of any information provided through this web site including the Content and Other Content. S&P Dow Jones Indices, its affiliates or their third party providers and their directors, officers, shareholders, employees or agents are not responsible for any errors or omissions, regardless of the cause, or for the results obtained from the use of the website, the Content and/or Other Content. S&P DOW JONES INDICES, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE INCLUDING the Content and Other Content. In no event shall S&P Dow Jones Indices, its affiliates or their third party providers and their directors, officers, shareholders, employees or agents be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, exemplary, compensatory, punitive, special or consequential damages, costs, expenses, legal fees, or losses (including, without limitation, lost income or lost profits and opportunity costs) in connection with any use of the website, the Content and/or Other Content even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
The opinions, observations, and analysis of S&P Dow Jones Indices and its affiliates contained in the Content are statements of opinion as of the date they are expressed and not statements of fact or recommendations to purchase, hold, or sell any securities or make any investment decisions. S&P Dow Jones Indices assumes no obligation to update any Content following publication. Users of the Content provided through this web site should not rely on any of it in making any investment decision. S&P Dow Jones Indices’ opinions, observations and analyses do not address the suitability of any security. S&P Dow Jones Indices does not act as a fiduciary or an investment advisor. While S&P Dow Jones Indices has obtained information from sources it believes to be reliable, S&P Dow Jones Indices does not perform an audit and undertakes no duty of due diligence or independent verification of any information it receives. S&P Dow Jones Indices keeps its activities separate from the activities of its affiliates in order to preserve the independence and objectivity of each of these activities. As a result, certain affiliates of S&P Dow Jones Indices may have information that is not available to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
8. ADDITIONAL LEGAL TERMS
9. BLOG COMMENT GUIDELINES
Our Blogs are intended to serve as a vehicle to post interesting and topical articles, reports, and commentary on indexing topics. It is also intended to create an intellectual forum for varying ideas and views so that you, the reader, can express your opinion. Blogs, after all, are about creating and sharing content that results in conversations. Comments are moderated and may be reviewed before posting. We ask you to use the following guidelines to promote thoughtful and productive discussions. Thank you for your patience while your comment is being reviewed.
- Comments are Encouraged: The comment section is designed for you to voice your opinion. We welcome debate, dissent and discussion. We ask you to articulate your arguments citing sources and to refrain from personal attacks or abuse. We do reserve the right to accept or reject comments. Please be respectful.
- Keep Comments On-Topic: Try to keep all comments in line with the original post. We understand some threads diverge significantly from the original post, but all comments should relate back to the original idea.
- No Spam Please: Spam kills conversations so please do not use this blog to post unrelated links and do not use the blog for promotional purposes of any kind.
- Your Email Address Is Kept Private: Email addresses are required for commenting. They are not published on www.spindices.com or on our blogs, nor shared. To view our Privacy Notice, visit http://profile.standardandpoors.com/content/SP_Global_PII_Privacy_Form.
- Finally, please remember that opinions, statements or views posted by bloggers and other participants on this site are communications by the persons posting them, and they are not adopted or endorsed by S&P Dow Jones Indices and do not represent the views of &P Dow Jones Indices or its affiliates.
10. DIGITAL MILLENIUM COPYRIGHT ACT NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that Content or Other Content published on this web site is infringing, please CLICK HERE to contact S&P Dow Jones Indices’ agent. You may also send a notice to S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, 55 Water Street, 27th Floor, New York, NY 10041 Attn. Legal Department or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity.